As you know, i am in no way confrontational. In fact, i usually dont even stand up for myself. I am a firm believer in acquiescence. So today i was confronted with a hater. not a hater on my looks or mundane crap like that- a hater on my thoughts. After she said her piece i realized i had two options :1. reply with how i felt or 2. concede and allow her to slam me and my thoughts on the internet for all to see . I chose #1 for the first time in my life ( well at least to my recollection lol)
I let her know in so many words that her suggestion was not needed and that im not pleased. her reply was not really the one i wanted but what can u expect from a fool. YES shes a fool..
I believe God was opening up an avenue for me to practice defending myself without going off and crying somewhere. I am going to be an attorney and defense and people disagreeing with you are going to be a major part of my daily life. God was just showing me that i need to put emotion aside and defend myself and leave it there.
I thank God for the opportunity and hope to one day be able to stand up for myself even better without the fear of losing a friend - for if they were really my friend they would be so proud of me defending myself.
I'm proud of u friend :)
ReplyDeleteI've seen u go from a sweet little jellyfish to an upright tough as nails young lady :)
and it looks good on you :)
Go Awyssa!
dooohhhh thanks boo! im tryin...
ReplyDelete