Friday, January 22, 2010

Friends: How many of us have them?

I have a bunch of 'friends'. Short ones, tall ones, skinny ones, fat ones, you name it. I can go any place in the South, East, West, and North and have a contact that loves and cares for me.

I love them all- but today I want to talk about my FRIENDS.

I am the emotional one out of the bunch. I am always saying to them how much i love them- so much so that, to me, its lost its luster.

But today i want them to know just how much I LOVE THEM.

To ( IN NO PARTICULAR ORDER) Melissa, Alyssa, Juanita, Theresa, Alexis, Lauren, Brittani, Mimi, and Jenny:

I love you girls.
I love you so much that i would give each of you a piece of my literal heart if I could.
I know we have had ups and downs- times when we didn't speak or were mad at each other and didnt let the other one know.
I know we dont talk that much
I know that i have gotten under your skin, as y'all have gotten under mine ;), so much so that you probably wanted to kill me
i know we've said hurtful things about each other to the other friends

But at the end of the day

I know i have 8 people in the world that no matter what has happened the day before i can come to you all and tell you my feelings
i can come to you all if i needed a kidney ( right?!)
i know i can rely on you to back me up against those who mean nothing but bad for me
i know i have a home across the sea, or in the racist desert, or in the jungles, or in suburbia if i ever needed a place to lay my head
i know i have 8 women who love me for me- flaws and all

SO Question:

Friends. How many of us have them?

Answer:

I do! Actually.. i have 8 :)

I Love You!

No comments:

Post a Comment